Sunday, April 1, 2007

What A Wierd Day

Well, today I did the finishing touches for www.design.leafsforlife.com and then out of nowhere, my sister Nicole sent me a message on MSN. It said
"yo wtf youre nude on this photo http://www.stupidpictures.info/photo13.php :-O"
I was worried at first, then I thought it might be an April Fool's joke, so I clicked on it and it prompted me to download a file. My common sense clicked in "Why would I have to download a picture, and why is the file extension .PHP"

I remembered that my forum has .PHP extension. Then on MSN my sister just kept repeating it over and over again. That is when I realized I had a hostage situation going on. My sister was taken hostage by a Trojan Virus and it was sending reproducing itself on each one of her friend's MSN. I hope nobody fell for it.

I fixed it for her while gaining $2.00 for myself. I told her to download Mozilla Firefox for faster, more secure web browsing, McAfee SiteAdvisor to tell her what websites have adware and spyware, Ad-Aware to help remove spyware and ZoneAlarm to keep intruders out and to keep personal things in.

I am going to hack into the virus' website just to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Hopefully she wouldn't have to go to the extreme of reformatting her computer.

1 comment:

Beca-leca said...

Like the time you had to reformat mine? Or was that something different?XD